Send me to Vancouver!

I'm off to the World Peace Forum in Vancouver at the end of June. I'll be having a fund-raising evening of songs and stories in Coventry in a few weeks (email me for more details).

Meanwhile, if you'd like to help me with the fare, please go right ahead. Click the button below to donate online:

Debit/Credit cards accepted!


About Me

My name’s Alan Sprung and I was born in Coventry, England on the 16th March 1950.

I’ve been writing my own songs since about 1995. I like to write songs that encourage people to think about social and political issues that I believe are important.

I still live in Coventry with my partner, Maggie Holdsworth, and we have two lovely daughters - Ella, who was born in 1983 and Eppie, who was born in 1986.

If you need to contact me you can email me at the following address:

AlanSprung at Care4free dot net

Hope you find a song that means something to you.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial2.5 License.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My People

Who’s out of bed at the crack of dawn
Doing work that needs to be done ?
Who’s working hard with their hands and their head
And can still find time to have fun ?

Chorus:
My people, working people,
Children, women and men,
My people, hard-working people,
The world would be lost without them

Who lays the bricks in the hospital walls ?
Who builds the schools and the roads ?
Who makes the planes, drives the midnight trains
And carries more than their share of the load ?

Who raises kids and who cooks the meals ?
Who cares for the sick and the old ?
Who works night and day for not enough pay
But is worth more than silver or gold ?

Who writes the stories, who paints the scenes
And who finds the words that will rhyme ?
Who makes the music and who sings the songs
And who’ll bring us together in time ?

Who shapes the land and who plants the seeds ?
Who cares for all that is grown ?
And who’s looking forward to the party when
They’ll reap what they have sown ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home