Send me to Vancouver!

I'm off to the World Peace Forum in Vancouver at the end of June. I'll be having a fund-raising evening of songs and stories in Coventry in a few weeks (email me for more details).

Meanwhile, if you'd like to help me with the fare, please go right ahead. Click the button below to donate online:

Debit/Credit cards accepted!


About Me

My name’s Alan Sprung and I was born in Coventry, England on the 16th March 1950.

I’ve been writing my own songs since about 1995. I like to write songs that encourage people to think about social and political issues that I believe are important.

I still live in Coventry with my partner, Maggie Holdsworth, and we have two lovely daughters - Ella, who was born in 1983 and Eppie, who was born in 1986.

If you need to contact me you can email me at the following address:

AlanSprung at Care4free dot net

Hope you find a song that means something to you.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial2.5 License.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Human Ways

Audio file here

Can’t make a linnet’s wing
No matter the skills we bring
Can’t match the glory of
The crocus flowers in the early spring
Can’t build a mountain stream
Can’t live a dolphin’s dream
Can’t listen to the blue whales calling
And know what they mean

Chorus:

But we’ve found human ways
While exploring life’s wonder-maze
And we’ll go on learning
As we venture through these coming days

Can’t fall like summer rain
Can’t move like a hurricane
Can’t flutter like a butterfly
Along a country lane
Can’t grow a toucan’s bill
Can’t build a termite hill
Can’t show the fine array of colours
That a rainbow will

Can’t use an eagle’s eye
Can’t glow like a firefly
Can’t spin a spider’s web
And wait until a meal comes by
Can’t run like cheetahs run
Can’t create a setting sun
Can’t light the night sky
Like the moon does when the day is done

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I love this song.

You might want to add a note to this page establishing either your copyright, or some other "terms of use" (such as these ones).

Mark

11:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home